5:11 p.m. – Power has been restored to all customers. If you are still without power please call the PUC Emergency number at 759-6555.
PUC line crews are currently investigating a power outage affecting 4,929 customers in the east end areas of the city. The cause of the interruption is unknown at this time, affecting the following areas:
- Sackville from Second Line E. to Mary Ave., North St. from Second Line E. to Fortcreek Area
- White Oak Dr.; Second Line E. from Sackville Rd. to North St., Northern Ave. from Sackville to North St., Wilson from Northern Ave. to St George’s, Grandview, Nino, Cody Point
- Second Line from Sackville to Great Northern Rd., Great Northern Rd. from Second Line to Willoughby, Oryme, Lowe’s Plaza
- Second Line; Sackville to Pine St., Old Garden River Rd. from Second Line E. to Northern Ave., Pine St. from Second Line to north section of the “P” Patch, Northern Ave. from Pine St. to Black Rd.
- Northern Ave. from Wilson to Pine St. south on Great Northern Rd. to Wawanosh. Grand area to St. George’s, McNabb St. by Salisbury.
- South section of P-Patch; Willoughby St., Great Nothern Rd. to Pine St. – North of McNabb to Northern Ave.
- Willow, Kent, Rush, Malabar, Eagle, Willoughby, Champlain, Blake, McNabb by Great Northern Rd.
- Elmwood, Cameron, Blake from McNabb to Wawanosh
- Pim St. to Upton Rd., Ontario south to Queen St., Simpson to Pine
- Pine St. from McNabb south to MacDonald Ave., Chlebus St., Laronde, Elizabeth, Breton, McNabb from Willow to Pine, Allard, Chapple
Interruption Date: September 08, 2020 at 03:45 PM
Customers Affected: 4,929
Cause of Interruption: Undetermined Power Outage – East End Power Outage
PUC reminds all of our customers:
- Downed wires should always be considered energized or “live”, and extremely dangerous
- Do not approach or drive over a downed power line and do not touch anything the power line may be in contact with
- Parents are encouraged to talk to their children about powerline safety and the dangers that can be associated with power lines
- Take all the necessary safety precautions during a power outage
If you have any information leading to the cause of the outage or other concerns please call the PUC emergency number at 759-6555.