Algoma Public Health is reporting a new COVID-19 case in the Algoma district.
Details of the confirmed case
Case Number: Case #41
Exposure Category: Unknown
Tested: Oct 18, 2020
- View current situation in Algoma
- Algoma regions with COVID-19 cases reported in the past 14 days include Sault Ste. Marie and area
- Close contacts have been notified
- Unknown exposure is evidence of ongoing community spread in Sault Ste. Marie & area
- Anyone who is ill, even with mild symptoms, must stay home and self-isolate away from others.
- Do not have close contact with others outside the immediate household of people you live with. Limit non-essential trips outside of home and avoid non-essential travel to other regions of the province. This is part of new advice from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health announced on October 9.
- All returning international travellers must stay home for 14 days.
- View our webpage with the updated status of cases in Algoma.
- Learn more about COVID-19 in Algoma.
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about the province’s response to COVID-19.