SAULT STE. MARIE, ON – The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to remind residents of schedule changes for the Remembrance Day statutory holiday on Wednesday, November 11.
The following facilities and services will be closed Wednesday, November 11:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site
- GFL Memorial Gardens office and Box Office
- Northern Community Centre
- Public Libraries
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Sault Ste. Marie Transit office
- Seniors Drop In Centre and the Northern Community Centre Seniors 55+
Garbage and Recycling Collection
There is no garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Wednesday, November 11. Collection will be one day late following the holiday.
|Garbage and Leaf and Yard Waste (Route B)||Recycling|
|Regular Garbage/Leaf and Yard Waste Collection Day||Week of November 9||Regular Recycling Collection Day||Week of October 9|
- Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day bi-weekly. The final two weeks of leaf and yard waste collection are weather permitting (November 9 and 16).To view the leaf and yard waste collection calendar and see which week your leaf and yard waste collection will be, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste.
- The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is now closed for the season.
- The Landfill is closed on Saturdays for the season.
The following facilities and services will operate Wednesday, November 11:
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool is open for all regular programming including lessons and swims.
- All arenas (GFL Memorial Gardens, John Rhodes Community Centre Arena and the McMeeken Centre) and the Northern Community Centre is open for scheduled activities only.
- Regular transit and Parabus will operate as usual on Wednesday, November 11. At 11 a.m. on Wednesday, City buses will pull over to observe one minute of silence. For more info, call Sault Transit at 705-759-5438.
Due to COVID-19, the traditional Remembrance Day ceremony at the GFL Memorial Gardens will not take place. This year’s ceremony will be at the Cenotaph with an invitation-only gathering.