The Algoma Public Health is confirming new case #65 of COVID-19 in the District. The cause of infection is reported as unknown with the resident self-isolating at this time after being tested on December 23, 2020.
Algoma regions with COVID-19 cases reported in the last 14 days include:
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Central and East Algoma
There have been 70,278 residents tested to date resulting in 65 confirmed cases and 62 of these cases having been now resolved. There have been no deaths resulting from COVID-19 in the District.
Status of cases in Algoma
|Updated: December 26, 2020, 7:50 p.m.|
(1) That Algoma Public Health is aware of.
(2) Algoma residents who have confirmed COVID-19 infection.
*The number in brackets are active cases in non-Algoma residents who are temporarily in Algoma. These cases are not counted as part of Algoma’s confirmed case count. APH conducts contact tracing and monitoring of self-isolation for all cases within Algoma.
(3) Patient tested positive but is resolved according to current public health criteria. This number includes any persons who are deceased.
- These data sets are preliminary and subject to change, pending further review.
- Confirmed positives will be reported as soon as publicly available.