On December 13, 2020 officers with the Emergency Services Unit, Investigation Services and Patrol Services arrested 26-year-old Josh Benoit-Wilson for weapon offences.
On December 6, 2020 officers began an investigation into an incident on Alexandra Street where a residence was shot at. The investigation identified a vehicle police believe was involved in the incident.
On December 10, 2020 officers conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle and the accused was driving. The vehicle was seized and officers executed a search warrant on the vehicle. During the search officers located three shell casings, two rounds of ammunition, a baton, spring loaded knife and approximately 1.8 grams of a substance believed to be crystal methamphetamine.
A warrant was issued for the accused. On December 13, 2020 he was located in a residence in the 0-100 block of Central Creek Drive and he was arrested.
Later that day officers executed a search warrant at the residence. Inside officers located four firearms (an imitation handgun, a loaded sawed off 12 gauge shotgun, a loaded sawed off .22 calibre rifle and a sawed off .50 calibre muzzle loader with ammunition), brass knuckles, a flick knife and substances believed to be narcotics. The amount of substances found are approximately 10.48 grams of fentanyl, 56.23 grams of crystal methamphetamine and .15 grams of heroin and cocaine residue. The estimated street value of the narcotics seized is $10,938.
The accused is charged with the following;
- Careless use of a Firearm x3
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x3
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon x5
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon or Prohibited Device or Ammunition, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x5
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition x3
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x2
- Possession of a Controlled Substance x3
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x48
- Breach of Recognizance x14
He was held for bail court.