On December 22, 2020 officers with Patrol Services and Investigation Services arrested 18-year-old Michael Tookenay for weapon offences.
Around 6:00 p.m. police were notified of a man with a weapon in 0-100 block of Manitou Park Drive. Upon arrival, officers contained the area as the accused refused to leave the residence. The Emergency Services Unit was called to the scene. The accused was taken into custody without incident at 7:01 p.m. A subsequent search of the area of arrest located a loaded 12 gauge shotgun, a BB gun and a .22 calibre round of ammunition.
He is charged with:
- careless use of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- unauthorized possession of a weapon knowing its possession is unauthorized
- possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm and
- possession of a firearm knowing the serial number has been tampered with.
He was held for bail court.