SAULT STE. MARIE, ON – The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service is advising the public that 22-year-old Jacques Roy is currently wanted in connection with a shooting incident that took place on November 30 or December 1, 2020.
It’s alleged an argument took place between Mr. Roy and the victim in a residence in the 0-100 block of Boston Avenue. The argument escalated and Mr. Roy shot the victim in the leg. The victim was later transported to hospital with serious injuries. The accused and the victim are known to each other.
Mr. Roy is wanted for;
- Using a Firearm while committing an Offence
- Careless use of a Firearm, weapon and/or Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Pointing a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Firearm or Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order x2
- Uttering Threats
- Aggravated Assault
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Breach of Probation
Mr. Roy should be considered armed and dangerous. If you see Mr. Roy, do not approach him, call 911 immediately.
If anyone has information about this incident or the location of Mr. Roy they are urged to contact police at 705-949-6300.
You can provide information anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 705-942-7867 or 1-800-222-8477. You can also click here to submit a web-tip or download the P3 app. Your tip to Crime Stoppers is anonymous and protected by case law, for more information click here.