SAULT STE. MARIE, ON – As the holiday season nears, Sault Area Hospital (SAH) would like to remind our community that only designated visitors are permitted entry. Effective Tuesday, December 15, 2020, visitors from outside of Algoma or those who have had close contact with someone outside of Algoma will not be permitted to visit.
Visiting Policy Highlights:
- Each patient will continue to have one designated and one alternate visitor assigned by the care team in conjunction with the patient and family. The care team will establish an appropriate visiting schedule.
- Please be aware that visitors from outside of Algoma, those who have travelled outside of Algoma or those who have had close contact with an individual from outside of Algoma will not be permitted to visit for 14 days. Exceptions will only be made for compassionate reasons.
- Visitors with illness symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- All visitors must enter through the main lobby for their scheduled visit.
- Please follow instructions of door screeners and the nursing staff on the units.
- Visitors are reminded to maintain 2 metres or 6 feet of physical distance with the patient and others at all times.
- Visitors and patients are not permitted to wander on the unit or leave the unit.
- Visitors must wear masks at all times while in hospital and must wash their hands when entering and leaving a patient’s room.
If you have any questions about visiting your loved one, please contact their nursing unit. We understand this during the holidays; it is particularly difficult to be away from loved ones who are in hospital. As the number of COVID-19 cases across Ontario continues to climb in this second wave of infection, these restrictions are in place for the safety and well-being of all patients, staff and our community.
We appreciate the ongoing cooperation of our community, and we thank our patients and their families for their support and understanding. For more information about visiting, please access our Visitor Guide on our website.