VIRTUAL event on Thursday, December 10, 2020, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Registration: $25+hst per person (Chamber members) / $35+hst per person (non Chamber members). Registration includes curated gift bag from local businesses. Individuals unable to attend on December 10 are welcome to register; you will receive an on-demand link and all of the perks included with a full registration.
Emceed by TRISH RAINONE
Trish Rainone, born Patricia, is a screenwriter, director, standup comedian, producer and actress. She was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Trish co-created the comedy web series, ‘My Roommate’s an Escort’ & plays Heather in Seasons 1 & 2.
Keynote presentation by DAWN MADAHBEE LEACH
Dawn Madahbee Leach is a proud member of the Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation on Manitoulin Island in Central Canada where she has served as a member of her community’s Council. Since 1988, she has been General Manager of the Waubetek Business Development Corporation, an Aboriginal Financial Institution that provides financing and economic services to Aboriginal entrepreneurs and First Nation communities throughout North-East Ontario and Southern Ontario. Under her leadership, Waubetek has proudly invested more than $100 million in 3,500 Aboriginal businesses who experience a business success rate of 94%.
Dawn serves on various Boards and committees including: the National Indigenous Economic Development Board; the Boards of the Peace Hills Trust Company and NioBay Minerals Inc. She participates in the Indigenous Working Group with Global Affairs on Trade and participated on an initiative led by the International Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Dawn is the owner of Indigenous Business International, a company that provides assistance to Indigenous peoples on sector strategies and corporate partnerships.
Dawn received the 2020 INDSPIRE Award in the Business and Commerce Category. She is a recipient of the Anishnawbek Nation’s Lifetime Achievement Award; the MNP-AFOA Canada Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award in 2017 and was celebrated as one of Canada’s 100 Most Powerful Women by the Women’s Executive Network in 2018. She received the Meritorious Service Decoration (Civilian Division) from the Governor General of Canada in 2019. She has been a speaker at international forums in Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Paris, Germany, the US and the UN on Indigenous economic development.
Our SHE LEADS Panel will consist of:
- DR. LAURA STONE, BSc, MD, CCFP-EM – Emergency Physician at Sault Area Hospital
- SHERI-ANN MORIN – Owner of Plan A Algoma
- MELISSA KARGIANNAKIS – Founder and CEO of skritswap
- DR. TARA GUZZO, ND, RAc – CEO and Clinical Director of InVersa Health
- TABATHA BULL – President & CEO of the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
Participants will take part in TWO Breakout Session Discussions. (During registration, you will be asked to choose your top three choices.)
- Act Courageously – Challenging the Status Quo. Presented by LA-NA FRAGOMENI (Arthur Funeral Home). Moderated by KAREN BIRD (RBC Wealth Management – Dominion Securities).
- Live Authentically – Being True to Yourself. Presented by TRISH RAINONE. Moderated by TRISH PORCO (RBC Royal Bank).
- It’s About You – Managing your Well-Being & Whole Being. Presented by DR. TARA GUZZO (InVersa Health). Moderated by MICHELLE CECCHINI (SeneGence Distributor).
- Learn Constantly – Self Awareness, Intuition and the Blue Sky. Presented by JENNIFER RUSHTON (PQA and PLATO Testing). Moderated by MARIE DELVECCHIO (Community First. a Division of YNCU).
- The Positive Pivot – When Life Calls for a Major Change. Presented by TRACEY COOKE. Moderated by LORI NACCARATO (BDC).
- Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is. Presented by CARLY CREAGH (Freedom 55 Financial). Moderated by GABRIELLE SARLO (S & T Group).