On January 1, 2021 officers with Patrol Services, Investigation Services and the Emergency Services Unit arrested 22-year-old Jacques Roy on outstanding warrants.
It’s alleged on or between November 30 and December 1, 2020 an argument took place between Mr. Roy and the victim in a residence in the 0-100 block of Boston Avenue. The argument escalated and Mr. Roy shot the victim in the leg. The victim was later transported to hospital with serious injuries. The accused and the victim are known to each other.
The accused was located on January 1, 2021 in the 600 block of Albert Street West and arrested. He is charged with:
- Using a Firearm while Committing an Offence
- Careless use of a Firearm, weapon and/or Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Pointing a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Firearm or Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order x2
- Uttering Threats
- Aggravated Assault
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Breach of Probation
He was held for WASH court.