The Sault Community Career Centre (SCCC) is inviting expressions of interest from individuals to serve on its Board of Directors.
SCCC is a non-profit funded by public and private funders. The organization’s mission is to improve people’s lives by helping them become and stay employed and to help businesses find lasting solutions to their staffing needs. SCCC achieves this by providing outstanding employment and settlement services, linking employers to skilled employees and collaboratively building strong networks with community partners.
Our vision is a thriving community where every person has reached their full potential through meaningful work. We are an indispensable resource in the Algoma District for:
· developing a skilled and diverse labour force;
· creating innovative opportunities and partnerships;
· ensuring sustainable employment; and
· providing comprehensive settlement services.
SCCC values and respects each individual’s uniqueness, including their customers, employers, community partners, and themselves. SCCC provides every person with tailored customer service and an exceptional client experience.
Experience in the following areas would be considered an asset:
· expertise in a non-profit environment and non-profit governance issues;
· strategic planning and analysis;
· entrepreneurship or local employment; and
· newcomer/refugee community needs and experience.
To be considered, submit a resume and a cover letter outlining relevant experience and the reasons for your interest by 5 pm on Friday, February 19, 2021, to:
Sault Community Career Centre – Nominations Committee
Attn: Teresa Martone
503 Queen Street East – Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2A2