On February 16th, 2021, at a duly convened meeting of Council, Order No. 2020-02-02 was revoked, effective February 17th, 2021 at 12:01AM.
The Highway 17B Corridor will be reopened to the public for access through the Garden River First Nation at 12:01AM on February 17th, 2021. The checkpoint on Syrette Lake Rd will be removed and no persons entering the community will be subject to any COVID-19 screening questions.
Chief and Council remain proactive in their fight against the COVID-19 Pandemic and may consider it necessary to re-implement the travel restrictions in the event of any increased risks in order to respond to, prevent and alleviate the effects of the COVID-19 virus in the community.
We highly encourage our members to:
- Stay home as much as possible to alleviate the risk of spread of the COVID-19 virus;
- Do not visit other peoples homes;
- Any gatherings/celebrations should only include members of your immediate household;
Wash your hand often and practice good hygiene;
- Wear a well-fitting, 3-Ply mask when out of your home to get essential supplies, groceries, medications, etc;.
- Practice social distancing;
If you have ANY SYMPTOMS get tested immediately and stay away from others as much as possible
We thank our members, community businesses and neighbouring communities for their continued support during these unprecedented times.
Order No. 2020-02-01 remains in effect on the GRFN and all businesses will continue to offer curbside pickup with no public access inside any businesses.
Chief Andy Rickard Council