With mild weather conditions giving the area a taste of Spring, the City of Sault Ste. Marie is advising that outdoor rinks operated by the city will be closed for the season.
These rinks include:
- Esposito Rink – 36 Queen Street West
- Merrifield Rink – 331 Patrick Street
- Anna McCrea Rink – 250 Mark Street
- Art Jennings Speed Skating Oval – 260 Elizabeth Street
- Clergue Park Skating Trail – 10 East Street
Indoor public and adult recreational ice skating will still be available at the John Rhodes Community Centre Arena and the W.J. McMeeken Centre. Schedules can be viewed here.
For those who are looking to extend the outdoor skating season, The Rink – At The Train Station will be continuing FREE public skating on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. as well as Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. When asked how long The Rink will continue to operate, SaultOnline was advised that the ice surface is good to skate on up to 12 degrees celsius / 53 degrees fahrenheit.