Housing Stability Fund Now Offered by DSSMSSAB


Effective April 1, 2021, many of the emergency financial supports currently provided through the Community Assistance Trust (CAT) will be provided directly through Social Services. Applications for the Housing Stability Fund for emergency expenses such as rent, utilities, and home heating arrears may be made by contacting the Social Services Intake line at 705-759-2130.

Social Services is pleased to be able to offer emergency assistance funding to low-income families, individuals and those in crisis. This change is being made as Social Services begins its transition towards offering programs and services geared to ‘life-stabilization’ for community members, and is intended to offer vulnerable populations increased services and benefits through a variety of pre-existing programs.

For other emergency needs, application may be made for the Ontario Works Emergency Assistance Benefit online at https://www.ea.mcss.gov.on.ca or contact the Social Services intake line at 705-759-2130. For general inquiries regarding our programs please call 705-759-5266. If in receipt of Ontario Works and in an emergency situation please contact your case manager.