Algoma Public Health would like to advise the public that phone line hours have been extended from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon today for eligible residents to continue booking appointments to get vaccinations at the COVID-19 Community Vaccine Hub being held at the GFL Memorial Gardens.
To book an appointment, call 705-541-2332 or Toll-free at 1-800-469-2449.
The following groups are welcome to book an appointment for their COVID-19 vaccination:
- Adults 80 years and older – born in 1941 or earlier
- All Indigenous adults ages 55 and older and their immediate household (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) (born in 1966 or earlier)
- Staff and essential caregivers in retirement homes
- Community-based highest/very high priority healthcare workers (following the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Worker Prioritization)
- Adult recipients of chronic home care
If you are eligible for COVID-19 immunization, and have one of the conditions below, please speak with your treating health care provider BEFORE attending your immunization appointment.
- have an autoimmune condition or are immunocompromised due to disease or treatment
Please do not call or book an appointment unless you are eligible under the listed category. If you have booked an appointment and you are not on the eligibility list, you will be turned away when you arrive at the vaccination site. You may be required to show proof of eligibility. More details regarding eligible groups are available here.
People with booked appointments may bring one support person with them to the clinic. Only people with booked appointments will be immunized.
Wait until 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to enter the building to maintain physical distancing and prevent any delays.