City Council is accepting applications from individuals in the accommodation and hotelier industry that are interested in serving as a Board member for Tourism Sault Ste. Marie.
Duties of the Board include:
- Providing expert insight into the development of tourism strategies
- Recommending strategic plans and annual business plans to City Council
- Assessing and recommending funding applications to a Tourism Development Fund
- Approving the expenditure of funds to strategically advance the tourism sector
- Reviewing and approving funding applications that would be submitted through the non-profit corporation to other levels of government
City staff within the Community Development and Enterprise Services service area will undertake the administration and support work required for this new corporation.
The time commitment required for Board members includes one meeting per month and occasional special purpose meetings. The term for the initial appointments will be for the remainder of City Council’s term (November 14, 2022).
Qualified candidates in the accommodation and hotelier industry are encouraged to apply by submitting an application form by April 14 at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). Application forms can be found on the City’s website at saultstemarie.ca/boardscommittees Completed forms can be emailed to [email protected] or addressed to the City Clerk – Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be held in strict confidence to be used solely for the purpose stated above.
For inquiries please contact the City Clerk’s office at 705-759-5388 or [email protected].