Yesterday during the noon hour, Sault Fire Services responded to a call for assistance in the 900 block of North Street.
Upon arrival they appeared to be dealing with a gas leak. Crews could be seen working on the gas line on the side of the house and preparing to ventilate the fumes from inside the residence.
Multiple units were dispatched, however only Pumper 4 stayed for approximately an hour dealing with the call.
Stay with SaultOnline as we bring you more breaking news in Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma.