The City’s Public Works and Engineering department provides the following reminders regarding waste management during the provincial stay-at-home order:
- Waste and recycling collection and spring operations will not be impacted.
- The City’s Household Hazardous Waste Depot (HHW) is open for the season
Tuesday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Items such as paint, varnishes, pesticides, pool chemicals, drain cleaners, motor oil, antifreeze, propane cylinders and electronics are accepted. For a complete list of acceptable waste visit www.saultstemarie.ca/hhw. All services provided by the HHW are FREE of charge to Algoma District residents with no gate fee required.
- The City’s landfill located at 402 Fifth Line East is open for the season.
Monday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. An $11 gate fee applies to all loads. Visit www.saultstemarie.ca/landfill for more information.
- For the safety of staff and visitors, security will be on-site enforcing social distancing and public health recommendations including mandatory mask wearing. Expect vehicle lineups as space at drop-off bins is being limited.
- Leaf and yard waste begins May 3 for Collection A and May 10 for Collection B. To view the Leaf and Yard Waste Collection calendar visit www.saultstemarie.ca/collectioncalendar.
The City of Sault Ste. Marie thanks the public for their participation in these programs and looks forward to serving you this season.