In March of this year, the Ministry of Education requested that all school boards schedule three mandatory Professional Activity (PA) days prior to the start of student instruction for the 2021-2022 school year. As such, all boards in the Algoma District have modified their 2021-2022 school year calendars.
Algoma District School Board (ADSB), Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon, Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario (CSPGNO) and Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (HSCDSB) have approved the modified School Year Calendar for 2021-2022.
The four school boards have worked together to produce a common calendar, facilitating the co-ordination of services such as student transportation. Each board adopted the calendar, consisting of a 194-day school year, following its own consultation process. Their respective calendars will be submitted to the Ministry of Education for final approval.
The 2021-2022 School Year Calendar will be the same for all English and French-language schools and all public and Catholic school boards in the Algoma and Sudbury Districts including Blind River, Chapleau, Dubreuilville, Elliot Lake, Espanola, Hornepayne, Manitoulin Island, Massey, the North Shore, Sault Ste. Marie, Spanish, Wawa and White River. Except for minor changes, the calendar will also apply to CSC Nouvelon and CSPGNO schools in Greater Sudbury, Espanola and Sudbury East.
Overview of the Modified 2021-2022 School Year
Elementary and Secondary Schools
- CSC Nouvelon staff begin on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
- ADSB, CSPGNO and HSCDSB staff begin on Thursday, September 2, 2021.
- CSC Nouvelon students begin classes on Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- ADSB, CSPGNO and HSCDSB students begin classes on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
- The Christmas holiday schedule is set from December 20 to December 31, 2021 inclusive.
- March Break is scheduled from Monday, March 14 to Friday March 18, 2022. CSC Nouvelon students will also have a board holiday on Friday, March 11, 2022.
- The last day of classes for students is June 30, 2022.
Professional Activity Days:
- September 1, 2021 – CSC Nouvelon only
- September 2, 2021 – 4 boards
- September 3, 2021 – CSC Nouvelon only
- September 7, 2021 – ADSB, CSPGNO and HSCDSB
- September 8, 2021- ADSB, CSPGNO and HSCDSB
- September 24, 2021 – 4 boards
- February 4, 2022 – 4 boards
- May 20, 2022 – 4 boards
- une 10, 2022 – 4 boards
The complete School Year Calendar for 2021-2022 is available on school board websites:
Algoma District School Board – www.adsb.on.ca
Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board – www.hscdsb.on.ca
Conseil Scolaire Catholique Nouvelon – www.nouvelon.ca
Conseil scolaire Public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario – www.cspgno.ca