The City of Sault Ste. Marie reminds citizens of the following service interruptions and schedule changes for the Victoria Day holiday on Monday, May 24.
- The Cemetery office, GFL Memorial Gardens, Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre, Sault Transit office, Fire Services Administration office, Public Works and Engineering Services office and the public libraries will be closed.
- The John Rhodes Community Centre, the Northern Community Centre, Seniors’ Centres and the Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site remain closed.
- City operated arenas remain closed. This includes the GFL Memorial Gardens (open for scheduled vaccination appointments), the John Rhodes Community Centre and the McMeeken Centre.
- Outdoor recreational amenities, including baseball diamonds, soccer fields, disc golf locations, tennis courts, pickleball courts and skate parks will be open.
- Outdoor sports facilities, outdoor fitness equipment, playgrounds and outdoor picnic sites will be open. Team sports are not permitted at this time.
- Bellevue Marina will open May 22 for boat and watercraft launches. Roberta Bondar Marina will open June 1. Each person responsible for the boat or watercraft should be from the same household. For hours of operation visit www.saultstemarie.ca/marinas.
- Parks and recreational areas including trails are open.
- Off-leash dog parks, park benches, outdoor playgrounds, outdoor play structures and play equipment are open.
- Point Des Chenes day park will be open.
Users of all City amenities are reminded to maintain a physical distance of at least two meters from other people outside of your immediate household.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
There is no garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Monday, May 24. Collection for the week will be one day late.
Leaf and Yard Waste
|Regular Garbage/Leaf and Yard Waste Day||Week of May 24||Regular Recycling Collection Day||Week of May 24|
- Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day every second week. To view the Leaf and Yard Waste collection calendar, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste.
- The City’s landfill will be closed on Monday, May 24. Regular hours are Monday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Expect delays as security is enforcing physical distancing and health and safety measures.
- The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is open Tuesday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/waste or call Public Works and Engineering Services at 705-759-5201.
- Transit and Parabus will not operate Monday, May 24.
- For transit information, call 705-759-5438.
Under the Provincially mandated Stay-at-Home Order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, everyone is reminded that social gatherings of more than 5 people outdoors is not permitted.
The City thanks the community for their cooperation.