The Sault Ringette Club wishes to thank all stakeholders for their hard work and dedication, making this season a successful one despite the challenges brought on by the pandemic and the sudden end to the 2019-2020 season in March 2020.
Fortunately, the Sault Ringette Club started the 2020-2021 season with practices adhering to cohort groupings and was able to move to full 5-on-5 game play for most of the season. This would not have been possible without the guidance and efforts of the Club’s COVID Safety Leader, Blythe Carota, Executive Board members, coaches, volunteers, parents, and players.
COVID protocols were approved by Ringette Ontario, the sport’s governing body, and put into place prior to the start of the season. Overall, the Sault Ringette Club maintained viable numbers to support 11 house league teams between the U6 to U19 divisions, in addition to two Open 18+ teams.
With yet another sudden end to the season, the Sault Ringette Club expresses our sincere thanks to all or our volunteers and families along with our community partners and sponsors for helping make this a successful season.
● OC Bath & Body for their help with COVID PPE and sanitizer
● Blythe Carota for stepping up as COVID Safety Leader and preparing the Club’s protocols
● Adriano Carota for assisting with the creation and maintenance of the attendance and attestation forms
● City Meat Market, Kiwanis Lakeshore, and BuiltWright for continuing as sponsors for the U10 division
● Silver Lining Engineers and Great Lakes Timber for sponsoring another season of the U12 division
● True North Custom Homes and Arthur’s Angels for sponsoring another season of the U14-U16 division
● Tim Hortons TimBits Ringette for sponsoring jerseys and socks for our U6 and U8 divisions
● The City of Sault Ste. Marie and Rankin arena managers and staff for coordinating the season’s ever-changing ice schedules and for taking steps to ensure the rinks were cleaned and safe for use
An end-of-season virtual event took place on June 17 to celebrate players’ hard work this year and to announce player and league awards.