The Sault Community Career Centre is excited to announce two upcoming start dates for our FREE youth employment program – Monday, August 23rd and Monday, September 13th, 2021.
Through the Transition to Independence Program, participating youth develop job skills and get hands-on, paid work experience with local employers. The program will be delivered through a combination of in-class and virtual learning.
Participating Youth Get:
- Up to 7 weeks (30 hours per week) of customized employment skills training, mental health and wellness, customer service skills, and more!
- Free certificate training based on your needs, such as Smart Serve, First Aid, Food Handler Certificate, WHMIS, etc.
- While in training, participants get a living expense equal to minimum wage.
- An 8-week (30 hours per week) paid work placement with a local employer at minimum wage. Develop skills through a supportive on-the-job experience that is based on your employment goals and abilities.
- One-on-one coaching that will help you put your employment plan into action.
- Child care and transportation offered where appropriate and required.
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Not enrolled in school (in-class or virtual)
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and regulations
- Computer with camera and microphone and reliable Internet connection
For more information or to register for either the Monday, August 23rd or Monday, September 13th session start dates, contact Nathan Muto at 705.759.0909 x 4254 or [email protected]
Please specify, in the email subject line, which session start date you prefer.
Applications for the Monday, August 23rd session will be accepted until Friday, August 6th at 4:30 pm. Applications received after that deadline will be considered for the next session.