At approximately 9:25 p.m. last night, Sault Fire Services responded for reports of smoke at a commercial structure in the 400 block of Pim Street.
Upon arrival at the Canuck motel ( formally the Canadian ). crews observed smoke coming out of a doorway near the middle of the structure.
Upon speaking with a witness to the situation, he explained a grease fire had started but was quickly contained. Sault Fire Services has yet to confirm the cause.
Fire crews were on scene for over an hour dealing with ventilating the structure and making sure there was no extension into other parts of the building.
You can trust SaultOnline to be your leading source for emergency services news in Sault Ste. Marie.