Residents are reminded of the following schedule changes for Sir William H. Hearst Day (August 2 Civic Holiday).
The following facilities and services are closed Monday, August 2:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
- GFL Memorial Gardens office and Box Office
- Public Libraries
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Sault Transit office
- Senior Services
Garbage & Recycling Collection
There is no garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Monday, August 2. Collection will be one day late following the holiday.
Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day bi-weekly. To view the leaf and yard waste collection calendar and see which week your leaf and yard waste collection will be, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste.
The City landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot is closed on Monday, August 2 but will be open the remainder of the week.
The following facilities and services are open Monday, August 2:
- Bellevue Marina – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – open for regular programming
- John Rhodes Community Centre arenas – open for scheduled bookings
- Manzo outdoor pool – open 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting. Limited capacity.
- Greco outdoor pool – 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting. Limited capacity.
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Transit will operate its weekend service schedule on Monday, August 2. Parabus service will also operate. For transit information, call 705-759-5438.
This information is available online at www.saultstemarie.ca.