Today, Bill Blair, Liberal candidate for Scarborough Southwest, joined Terry Sheehan, Liberal candidate for Sault Ste. Marie, to highlight how a re-elected Liberal team will move Canada forward – for everyone
Canadians have been resilient and determined in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, and they deserve a real plan that will create jobs, grow the middle class, and build a better path forward. Forward. For Everyone. is that plan, and only the Liberal Party has the team that can finish the fight against COVID-19 and build back a better Canada that leaves no one behind.
“During my tenure as a Member of Parliament, the Liberals have invested over 750 million dollars in the Sault and area. This was the result of hard work and a team approach. This is precisely the approach and effort that is needed to end the pandemic, build our economy back stronger and tackle the climate crisis head on”, said Terry Sheehan, Liberal Candidate for Sault Ste. Marie.
Bill Blair and Terry Sheehan heard directly from workers and labour groups this morning about the impacts of the pandemic on the region and the importance of government actions, including emergency funding, border measures and procuring vaccines, in keeping our community safe and healthy. They also spoke about major investments in the region, including the recent $420M investment to support Algoma Steel’s transition to greener production, which will cut emissions and fight climate change while supporting hundreds of good middle-class jobs.
The Liberal platform will continue to get our communities through the pandemic and build a better future for all Canadians. Together we will:
● Accelerate climate action by creating new green jobs, cutting pollution in the oil and gas sector, and making our communities cleaner with zero-emission vehicles;
● Help Canadians find a home of their own by saving first time homebuyers up to $30,000, helping 1.4 million families find a home, and protecting the rights of Canadians and taking action against speculators;
● Deliver $10 a day child care and create more child care spaces;
● Keep Canadians healthy with transformative investments in the strength of our universal, public health care system, in primary care, long term care, and mental health;
● Create safer communities and help save lives by bringing forward a comprehensive strategy to address problematic substance use to end the opioid crisis and improve access to treatment;
● Finish the fight against COVID-19 by supporting proof-of-vaccination credentials and mandatory vaccines for people travelling on planes and trains;
● Support workers and their families by extending the Canada Recovery Hiring Program, introducing legislation to prohibit the use of “scabs” and increasing the number of training opportunities for workers.
“Whether my job was as Toronto’s Chief of Police, the MP for Scarborough Southwest, or Canada’s Minister for Public Safety, my top priority has always been keeping the people I serve safe” said Bill Blair, Liberal candidate for Scarborough Southwest. “The Liberal plan to tackle climate change, implement $10 a day daycare, keep assault weapons off our streets, and many other measures will improve the lives of all Canadians. Terry Sheehan knows this, and that’s why he is the right person to serve Sault Ste Marie as your voice in Ottawa, and help us move forward with these ambitious policies.”
While Erin O’Toole and the Conservatives will cut services that Canadians rely on, Liberals are moving forward to finish the fight against COVID-19 and build back a better Canada — for everyone.