On September 15, 2021 officers with Investigation Services and Patrol Services charged 18-year-old Zander Brown with weapon offences.
On August 31, 2021 police received a report from the accused that he had been robbed at on August 29, 2021. An investigation began and as a result of the investigation officers discovered the accused had invited the victim to meet. During the meeting, the accused took a shotgun from the victim, pointed it at the victim and stole a bag containing cash and bank cards. Following this, the accused used the bank card to make a purchase at a business in the 0-100 block of Great Northern Road.
On September 13, 2021 a warrant was requested and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Officers located the accused on September 14, 2021 and he was arrested.
A subsequent search found the accused to be in possession of the shotgun, ammunition, approximately $120 in Canadian currency, the victim’s bank card and the bag which is valued at approximately $1,300.
He is charged with:
- Using a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence;
- Careless use of a Firearm;
- Pointing a Firearm;
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle;
- Possession of a Firearm with Ammunition Readily Accessible;
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Crime;
- Public Mischief;
- Robbery with a Firearm;
- Possession of Stolen Property;
- Theft of a Credit Card;
- Possession of a Stolen Credit Card; and
- Using a Stolen Credit Card.
He was held for bail court and remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in court on September 17, 2021.