Shortly after 5 p.m., Sault Fire Services responded to an emergency call in the downtown core.
Upon arrival, Firefighters encountered smoke from a 6th floor apartment in the 200 block of Albert Street East.
They quickly extinguished the cooking incident and removed the smoke with ventilation to the building.
One lane of Albert Street was blocked while crews worked on the incident.
Thank you for choosing SaultOnline and ONNTV as your source for news in Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area.
For safety tips on cooking, you can see the video posted here from Sault Fire Services in partnership with our organization.