Crime Stoppers of Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District Inc. has some vacancies to fill on the Board of Directors. We are currently searching for a dynamic individual(s) who are interested in obtaining an appointment to the board. This is a rewarding opportunity to give back to your community and assist in the governance of the organization.
As a director, you will be responsible for:
- upholding the bylaws of the organization
- attending monthly board meetings
- plan and attend fundraising events and activities
- represent Crime Stoppers in the community
- serve on one or more committees
- give advice and assistance in areas of expertise
- serve the organization with integrity
A prospective director must be:
- 18 years old
- not a member of law enforcement, criminal justice officials, government officials, or elected officials
- be willing to undergo a thorough background check and screening
available for 5-10 hours per month
All directors have a 3-month probationary period and are supplied with the organization’s bylaws, policies, and previous minutes to allow familiarization with our organization. Within this same time frame, they will have a training session with the Coordinators and a second training session with the Membership Committee. All directors will have mentors for any additional questions or training needs.
How to apply:
Please submit a letter of intent, application, and resume to the attention of the Membership Committee at [email protected]. The application form can be downloaded from our website www.saultcrimestoppers.com.