The City of Sault Ste. Marie is pleased to resume its indoor walking program at the GFL Memorial Gardens and at the Northern Community Centre on November 1, 2021.
On non-event days, walkers may use the concourse of the GFL Memorial Gardens arena Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Walking at the Northern Community Centre is available Monday to Friday 9 to 10 a.m., 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. and 12 to 1 p.m.
In compliance with Provincial guidelines, the following modifications will be in effect:
- Upon entry, vaccine screening will take place at the Box Office area at the GFL Memorial Gardens and seniors entrance at the Northern Community Centre.
- Visitors will be asked to sign in and sign out at the facility and show proof of vaccination.
- Entrances and Exits will be restricted for distancing procedures. Guests are asked to use the Main Gate A (Box office) or the accessibility gate at the GFL Memorial Gardens.
- Walkers are recommended to wear a mask with the exception of those with respiratory or medical conditions or those who have difficulty putting a mask on themselves.
- Personal items will be permitted in the facility and seating areas will be available for use.
- Standing rails and the box office area will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- For everyone’s safety, users are asked to respect protocols and obey signage at all times.
“As the cold weather approaches, we are pleased to resume the City’s free walking program,” said Brent Lamming, Director of Community Services. “We thank users for their patience as we restart this service in a safe manner.”
The fall walking schedule can be viewed at www.saultstemarie.ca/walking. Participants can register for a walking spot online or in-person at the facility. For inquires call 705-759-5489 or email [email protected].