The City of Sault Ste. Marie and Mayor Christian Provenzano wish to thank local students for their entries to the Mayor’s Christmas Card Competition. Approximately 200 submissions were received from elementary school aged children, and six were selected to be used as the Mayor’s annual Christmas Card.
The cards selected are as follows (view the cards in the photo gallery below):
- Layla Katagis, Age 10, St. Mary’s French Immersion Catholic School
- Abbie Dasa Kumar, Age 12, St. Paul Catholic School
- Keyana Lois C. Lancita, Age 12, St. Paul Catholic School
- Benjamin Keenan, Age 5, Grand View Public School
- Michelle Chevrier, Age 7, Queen Elizabeth Public School
- CeCe Cistaro, Age 9, Holy Cross Catholic School
“I enjoyed the submissions and appreciated the opportunity to look through them all,” said Mayor Provenzano. “I am really pleased to see an increased number of children participating this year, and I look forward to sharing the creativity of our local students with leaders like the Prime Minister and Premier, along with people across our community.”
The six winning designs will be used as the Mayor’s official 2021 Christmas card, and will feature the winner’s drawing as well as name, age and school. The winners will also receive a gift certificate and a copy of the Christmas card personally signed by the Mayor.