Algoma Public Health (APH) is reporting twelve (12) new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday (#1,359 – 1,370), 10 from Sault Ste. Marie and area, 1 from Elliot Lake and area and 1 from Central & East Algoma. The number of active cases increased to 262 as the the number of those cases hospitalized fell to 6.
In addition, it is with great sadness that APH is also reporting the region’s 17th death related to the virus. Out of respect for the family, no further information was released.
Due to ongoing large volumes of cases and the need to streamline processes, APH is continuing to use a simplified format for reporting new cases of COVID-19 in Algoma.
Actions to take:
Any individual who was present on the date and times listed in the potential low-risk exposure is asked to:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 10 days from potential exposure.
- Self-isolate immediately if symptoms develop.
- Seek testing if symptoms occur.
The newly reported cases acquired their infection as follows:
- 6 are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 3 with unknown sources of infection
- 3 are still being investigated to determine their source of infection
Status of cases in Algoma
|Updated: December 8, 2021, 5:25 PM|
- View current situation in Algoma and the updated status of cases in Algoma.
- Algoma regions with COVID-19 cases reported in the past 14 days include:
- Sault Ste. Marie and area
- Central and East Algoma
- Elliot Lake and area
Due to ongoing extremely high COVID-19 activity in Algoma, and especially in the municipality of Sault Ste. Marie, Algoma Public Health is taking further action to curb the spread of the virus, prevent severe illness and death in our communities, and protect health system capacity.
- Learn more about COVID-19 in Algoma.
- Learn more about vaccination clinics
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about the province’s response to COVID-19.