On December 4, 2021 officers with Patrol Services charged 51-year-old Rheisohn Serieaux of Pickering, Ontario with weapons offences.
Around 6:30 p.m. the accused attended the United States Customs and Border Protection site and was found to be in possession of a loaded revolver and loaded sawed-off shotgun. U.S. Customs officials returned the accused to Canada, and Canada Border Services Agency officials contacted the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service.
Officers responded around and took the accused into custody. Officers seized a loaded six shot revolver, a loaded 20 gauge shotgun and pepper spray. During further examination of the seized items, officers determined the serial number on the shotgun had been tampered with.
He is charged with;
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition x2
- Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle x2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x2
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x2
- Careless Storage of a Firearm x2
- Tampering with Serial Number on a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Prohibition Order x12
He was held for WASH court. He was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in court on December 13, 2021.