Algoma Public Health (APH) is reporting thirty-two (32) new cases of COVID-19 today (#1,327 – 1,358), 31 from Sault Ste. Marie and area and 1 from Central & East Algoma. Despite the new cases, the number of active cases continued to decline significantly to 246 with hospitalized cases unchanged at 10.
The number of confirmed cases since the start of the pandemic is now 1,358 with 1,087 of those cases now reported to be resolved.
Due to ongoing large volumes of cases and the need to streamline processes, APH is continuing to use a simplified format for reporting new cases of COVID-19 in Algoma.
In addition, APH is advising of a low-risk exposure at the Market Mall Dollarama on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 between the hours of 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
Actions to take:
Any individual who was present on the date and times listed in the potential low-risk exposure is asked to:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 10 days from potential exposure.
- Self-isolate immediately if symptoms develop.
- Seek testing if symptoms occur.
The newly reported cases acquired their infection as follows:
- 16 are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 1 due to international travel
- 6 with unknown sources of infection
- 9 are still being investigated to determine their source of infection
Status of cases in Algoma
|Updated: December 7, 2021, 6:55 PM
- View current situation in Algoma and the updated status of cases in Algoma.
- Algoma regions with COVID-19 cases reported in the past 14 days include:
- Sault Ste. Marie and area
- Central and East Algoma
- Elliot Lake and area
Due to ongoing extremely high COVID-19 activity in Algoma, and especially in the municipality of Sault Ste. Marie, Algoma Public Health is taking further action to curb the spread of the virus, prevent severe illness and death in our communities, and protect health system capacity.
- Learn more about COVID-19 in Algoma.
- Learn more about vaccination clinics
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about the province’s response to COVID-19.