Sault Ste. Marie, ON (2022 06 27) – The following City facilities and services will be closed Friday, July 1 for the Canada Day statutory holiday:
- Cemetery office
- City Landfill and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- GFL Memorial Gardens, office and Box Office
- John Rhodes Centre arenas and pool, McMeeken Centre, and the Northern Community Centre
- Ronald A. Irwin Civic Centre
- Seniors Centres (Bay Street Active Living Centre and Northern Community Centre Seniors 55+)
- Public Libraries – James L. McIntyre Centennial and North Branch Library
- Public Works office. For 24-hour emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit office
Garbage & Recycling Collection
No garbage, leaf and yard waste or recycling pickup on Friday, July 1. Friday’s collection will be moved to Saturday.
Leaf and Yard Waste is collected on your scheduled garbage day every second week. To view the Leaf and Yard Waste collection calendar, visit saultstemarie.ca/leafyardwaste
The City’s landfill will be closed July 1. It will be open Saturday July 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot will also be closed July 1. It will be open Saturday July 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, visit saultstemarie.ca/waste or call Public Works and Engineering Services at 705-759-5201.
There will be no regular transit service on July 1. Only Parabus will operate.
Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
Open July 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. for Canada Day and Voyageur festivities including Sault Ste. Marie’s multi-day Poutine Feast June 30 to July 3.
Both marinas are open July 1 from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Bellevue Marina – open July 2 to September 5 Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday to Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Bondar Marina – open July 2 to September 5 Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday to Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Seasonal launch passes are $66.00 and are available from the fuel kiosk at Bellevue marina during regular operating hours or at the Community Development and Enterprise Services office at the Civic Centre. Debit or Credit card is preferred. Boaters can also download the Passport Parking mobile app and use zone 3759 for daily launch.
Outdoor pools/Splash Pad
The Peter G. Manzo and V.E. Greco pools are open 1 – 7 p.m., weather permitting.
The Bellevue Park Splash Pad is open daily 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Canada Day Celebrations
Festivities return July 1 at the Roberta Bondar Park Tent Pavilion. Opening ceremonies begin at 2 p.m., followed by entertainment and attractions throughout the day with fireworks at dusk.
The Canada Day hours for City operations are available online at saultstemarie.ca.