Fire Services Responds To Apartment Fire


Sault Fire Services were dispatched to a confirmed fire in the 100 block of Breton Road Friday morning.

At around 8:45am Sault Fire Services arrived to a multi-unit building with heavy smoke in the laundry room area.

No one was hurt in the incident – Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

Though, the cause of the fire is unknown, one of the leading causes of laundry room fires can originate with the dryer.

Clogged vents, ducts, and filters are the primary causes of dryer fires. Usually, this is a result of a buildup of lint, but can certainly be caused by an accumulation of dirt, grass, or anything else that remains after the washing process.

In addition to the lint filter, the outside vent can also become clogged, which prevents airflow and potentially leads to hazardous conditions.