33rd International Bridge Walk & Bicycle Parade
What you need to know…
SAFETY, SECURITY & I.D.
– In order to participate, U.S. and Canadian Citizens must comply with WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) regulations, and have one of the following pieces of identification with them during the walk: 1) Valid Passport 2)Valid Nexus Card 3)Valid Enhanced Driver’s License 4) INAC
– Participants 15 and younger MUST be accompanied by an adult and must have a copy of their birth certificate.
– It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure they have the required identification. For full guidelines please visit https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states.
– Please bring a minimum amount items to carry. No animals are permitted, with the SOLE exception of service dogs.
– For safety reasons, no rollerblades, roller-skates, skateboards, etc. are permitted. Umbrella strollers ONLY.
– Any desired out-of-country health coverage is at the discretion of, and is the responsibility of, the individual participant.
– Pre-Walk Bussing (from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan) will load at The Marconi Club (450 Albert Street W.) Walkers will be transported to the Norris Center in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
– Buses will begin transporting at 7:00 am.
– The LAST bus to the Norris Center will depart from the Marconi Club by no later than 8:00 am.
– Bus seating is limited and is on a first come basis.
– Bus Cost: $5 per person / $15 per family.
– Important: Please arrive early – late arrivals are not guaranteed seats on busses.
– Umbrella Strollers ONLY – large strollers cannot be transported on buses, pre- or post-walk.
– Breakfast: A hot breakfast service will be available at the Norris Center.
– The Bicycle Parade is a joint event coordinated by the Sault Cycling Club (SSM ON) and Soo Bicycle Club (SSM MI). Inquires please call 906-440-5134.
– The Bicycle Parade begins at 9:30 am SHARP immediately preceding the Bridge Walk, weather permitting.
– Canadian participants are encouraged to either ride or transport their bikes across before 8:45 am.
– The Bicycle Parade route begins and ends at the Norris Center.
– Bicyclists will cross the International Bridge and turn around before going through Canadian Customs, returning to the Norris Center.
– Bicyclists must be able to complete the five-mile parade route in less than one hour.
– No training wheels or power-assisted bicycles allowed. Pedal driver bicycles, adult tricycles and quad cycles are allowed.
– Helmets are required by law for age 17 and younger and are strongly recommended for all.
BRIDGE WALK & POST-WALK BUSING
– The Bridge Walk begins at 9:30 am SHARP, weather permitting.
– Walkers depart from the Norris Center in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
– Walkers who arrive after the walk begins will not be permitted to participate.
– The Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics will lead the International Bridge Walk. Any participants wishing to run or jog in the Law Enforcement Torch Run are welcome to join.
– The walk is approximately 3 miles or 4.8 km.
– The walk ends at The Marconi Club, in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
– Buses will then transport walkers back to the U.S. until 12:00noon or when all U.S.-bound walkers are returned.