360 Great Northern Rd
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 4Z7
“Create a WordPress Site Without Coding”
Presented by Success With Digital
Creating a WordPress website no longer has to be a long drawn out experience using programming languages like PHP, HTML and CSS. Nowadays, there are tools that you can use to build WordPress websites without having to write a single line of code.
Tuesday, November 20th 2018
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(complimentary lunch served at 12:15 pm)
This workshop will walk you through the steps to build and design a basic brochure website from scratch (using free tools) upon the open source WordPress Content Management System (CMS).
Beginners are welcome (Coding experience is NOT necessary).
A laptop is necessary. Some preparation required. Please read on for more details.
In this workshop you will learn:
• How to Install WordPress through your hosting account
• Setting up the basics
• Planning your design elements like Fonts, Colours and Links
• Planning design assets like images
• Learning about website structures
• Rows, columns, ect.
• Creating your pages
• Adding Featured Images
• Publishing content
• Maintenance & Optimization
• A laptop with WIFI capability (NOT a tablet or smartphone). WIFI access will be provided. Please remember your power cords and bring a mouse if you prefer.
• A modern web browser installed on your laptop (Google Chrome strongly suggested).
• A website hosting account that can run WordPress and has access to the most popular management tool “cPanel”. Many hosting companies offer One-click WordPress installs. The instructor recommends using SiteGround which has many free features built into their StartUp package: https://www.siteground.com/wordpress-hosting.htm. Another example is GoDaddy: https://ca.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting.