Active 55+ Phone-In & Online Recreational Programs
Free Fitness with Ainsley Every Monday & Wednesday
Now you can take part from the comfort of your own home!
During Covid- 19, Active 55+ will be accessible over the telephone and online through free interactive programs for participants 55+.
Join Ainsley every Monday & Wednesday for some online fitness fun!
Mondays 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 10:30 am
Move through a variety of exercises to improve your functional fitness – endurance, strength, flexibility and balance. Suitable for all fitness levels.
All phone numbers and online ID numbers and pass codes remain the same for all programs and you MUST phone or email the Drop-In Centre to register for each program that you are interested in. If you are new to Zoom, we will send you the link and sign in information.
Call to sign up: 705-254-6474, Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/saultstemarie/Activity_Search
All of our programs continue to be FREE, and are sponsored by the City of Sault Ste. Marie as well as the Ontario Government through grant funding.
What you need to know:
- Programming during this time is FREE
- Anyone 55+ can join at any time – signing up for an activenet profile is free and we can help you!
- Programs are offered via online through a downloadable program called Zoom.
- Programs are offered via telephone using a multi-person conference call set up through a program called Mercuri Teleconferencing – no equipment necessary (except any type of phone of course!)
- Each session lasts 30-60 mins in length
- For phone sessions: You are able to talk to others on the line, hear each other, learn and definitely have a little fun!
- For video sessions: You have the ability to show yourself on video, see others and the instructor, talk to one another, learn and have fun too! You also have the option of turning your video portion off so you can just enjoy the instructor teaching.
To Connect To Online Programs
- Your device will need a camera, access to a microphone and working speakers
- Download app call “Zoom cloud meetings” to your computer, tablet, or
phone – visit https://zoom.us/support/download
- Start a new account by clicking “sign up its free”
- Once you have your account you will use the “join a meeting” button
- Each meeting will have a meeting ID number and Password. You will receive an email with that information once you sign up for the program.