Let’s Skate! Skating oval and trail’s open for season :)
Have an ICE day with family and friends this winter!
“You will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory. Let’s make some happy memories this winter”
The Art Jennings Speed Skating Oval, the Clergue Park Skating Trail, The Rink – At the Train Station – as well as several neighborhood rinks are now open for the season, and will remain open weather permitting 🙂
FREE OUTDOOR SKATING
December 30th – March 15th (subject to change due to weather)
Please Note: (2021 02 15) – The City of Sault Ste. Marie is committed to safely and gradually returning to the Province’s colour coded COVID-19 response framework. Beginning Tuesday, February 16, 2021 the City of Sault Ste. Marie will move to ‘Yellow-Protect’. This allows various facilities to re-open with public health and workplace safety measures in place. Service modifications include the following:
On-site security will be enforcing provincial regulations and limiting how many people can use the facilities at a time. All outdoor facilities will close at 10 p.m. Residents are reminded to take extra caution and abide by signage, protocols and direction provided by on-site security or staff. If compliance with required conditions cannot be met, it may lead to a sudden closure of outdoor recreational sites.
Rink: Art Jennings Speed Skating Oval
Hours of Operation: 260 Elizabeth Street
Hours of Operation: Weekday – noon to 10pm, Weekend – 9am to 10pm
Ice surface capacity: 100
Rink: Esposito Rink
Location: 36 Queen Street West
Hours of Operation: Weekday – 3pm to 10pm, Weekend – 10am to 10pm
Ice surface capacity: 50
Rink: Anna McCrea Rink
Location: 250 Mark Street
Hours of Operation: Weekday – 3 pm to 10pm, Weekend – 10am to 10pm
Ice surface capacity: 50
Location: 83 Huron Street
Hours of Operation: Daily 11 am to 10 pm
Public Skating: Saturdays & Sundays 11am – 1pm, beginning Saturday February 13th
** Social distancing applies. Our primary objective at The Rink at The Train Station is the continued health and safety of our guests, employees and vendors. Hours of operation and guidelines for ice skating and hockey events are subject to change as Provincial orders change.
INDOOR ADULT AND PUBLIC SKATING
John Rhodes Community Centre – 705-759-5419
McMeeken Centre – 705-759-5251
** Note: 02-15-21 – Locker rooms, change rooms and showers in the facility will be open with enhanced cleaning measures in place following each use of change rooms. **
John Rhodes Community Centre – Arena 1
Public: Tuesday 8pm – 9pm, Sunday 2pm – 3:30pm
Start/End:September 22, 2020 – April 27, 2021
No Skating: Jan 10, Jan 19, Feb 21, Mar 28, Apr 4, Apr 25,
John Rhodes Community Centre – Arena 2
Adults: Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday 12pm – 1pm
Public: Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday 1pm – 2pm
Start/End:September 21, 2020 – April 30, 2021
No Skating:Oct 12, Dec 25, Jan 1, Feb 5, Feb 15, Mar 8 (sledge), Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 23
Public: Friday 7pm – 8pm, Sunday 2:30pm – 4pm
Start/End:October 2, 2020 – April 30, 2021
No Skating: Dec 25, Jan 1, Apr 2, Apr 4, Apr 23, Apr 25
Adult (18-54 yrs): $4.25
Student (valid ID): $3.75
Senior (55 yrs +): $3.75
Child (2-12 yrs): $3.25
Current COVID-19 guidelines apply to all outdoor skating facilities. Please plan your visit accordingly, maintain physical distance from those outside your household, and follow the posted signage.
- Attendees must conduct a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before attending an outdoor ice surface/rink or skating trail.
- No groups larger than 5 people are permitted
- Masking is recommended at all times even outdoors.
- At the outdoor ice surface/rink or trail, attendees must maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from those they do not live with and must wear a mask or a face covering outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Visual / textural markers spaced 2 metres (6 feet) apart will encourage physical distancing and guide users throughout the space
- Benches will be located outdoors, adjacent to ice rink areas to provide attendees options to put on and remove skates. Indoor locations to put on skates will be limited and users will be required to wear facemasks and adhere to social distancing protocols including signing in for contact tracing purposes.
- Security Staff will supervise and control usage of the outdoor skating rink locations and trail during operating hours
Family, Friends, A Good Laugh & Beautiful Weather Are The Best Cures
For more information, contact the City’s Public Works Department at 705-759-5201 or the Community Development & Enterprise Services Department at 705-759-5310 or visit https://saultstemarie.ca/ .