Let’s Skate! Skating oval and trail’s open for season :)
Have an ICE day with family and friends this winter!
“You will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory. Let’s make some happy memories this winter”
The Art Jennings Speed Skating Oval, the Clergue Park Skating Trail, The Rink – At the Train Station – as well as several neighborhood rinks are now open for the season, and will remain open weather permitting 🙂
FREE OUTDOOR SKATING
December 30th – March 15th (subject to change due to weather)
Please Note: Holiday hours for City run skating rinks will be 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. from December 30, 2020 – January 4, 2021. After that date hours of operation will be as listed below
Rink: Esposito Rink
Location: 36 Queen Street West
Hours of Operation: Weekdays – 3pm to 10pm, Weekend – 10am to 10pm
Ice surface capacity: 50
Rink: Anna McCrea Rink
Location: 250 Mark Street
Hours of Operation: Weekdays – 3 pm to 10pm, Weekend – 10am to 10pm
Ice surface capacity: 50
Location: 83 Huron Street
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 10am to 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 11am to 8pm
Public Skating: Saturdays & Sundays 11am – 1pm, beginning Saturday January 9th
Book a Ice Skating or Hockey Event: $110.00 per hour contact: [email protected] , 705-759-9090 https://machineshopinc.ca/the-rink
Ice surface capacity: 25
** Social distancing applies. Our primary objective at The Rink at The Train Station is the continued health and safety of our guests, employees and vendors.
INDOOR Adult and Public Skating
Closed until January 9th or until COVID lock down is lifted
John Rhodes Community Centre – Arena 1
Start/End:September 22, 2020 – April 27, 2021
No Skating: Jan 10, Jan 19, Feb 21, Mar 28, Apr 4, Apr 25,
John Rhodes Community Centre – Arena 2
Start/End:September 21, 2020 – April 30, 2021
No Skating:Oct 12, Dec 25, Jan 1, Feb 5, Feb 15, Mar 8 (sledge),Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 2
Start/End:October 2, 2020 – April 30, 2021
No Skating: Dec 25, Jan 1, Apr 2, Apr 4, Apr 23, Apr 25
Adult (18-54 yrs): $4.25
Student (valid ID): $3.75
Senior (55 yrs +): $3.75
Child (2-12 yrs): $3.25
Current COVID-19 guidelines apply to all outdoor skating facilities. Please plan your visit accordingly, maintain physical distance from those outside your household, and follow the posted signage.
- Attendees must conduct a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before attending an outdoor ice surface/rink or skating trail.
- At the outdoor ice surface/rink or trail, attendees must maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from those they do not live with and must wear a mask or a face covering outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Visual / textural markers spaced 2 metres (6 feet) apart will encourage physical distancing and guide users throughout the space
- Benches will be located outdoors, adjacent to ice rink areas to provide attendees options to put on and remove skates. Change room areas will be temporarily closed in compliance with the Province-wide shut down. Following the shut-down, indoor locations to put on skates will be limited and users will be required to wear facemasks and adhere to social distancing protocols including signing in for contact tracing purposes.
- Security Staff will supervise and control usage of the outdoor skating rink locations and trail during operating hours
Family, Friends, A Good Laugh & Beautiful Weather Are The Best Cures
For more information, contact the City’s Public Works Department at 705-759-5201 or the Community Development & Enterprise Services Department at 705-759-5310 or visit https://saultstemarie.ca/ .