Understanding the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ~ Jan. 27th, 2021
Join the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce for a review of the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability Act (AODA) legislation and its implications for Ontario businesses.
SAVE THE DATE: Wednesday, January 27, 2021
ONLINE: 2:30pm to 3:30pm
Join this FREE Webinar to learn more 🙂
DID YOU KNOW ~ 92% of consumers favour companies that hire persons with disabilities.
When operating a business in Ontario it’s both good practice and the law, to create and implement policies that promote accessibility. The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, or AODA, was created to break down barriers around accessibility.
The size and type of your business affects timelines, filing requirements, and your obligations. Self-employed individuals and companies that do not have employees are exempt.
Some general areas that are addressed by the AODA include:
- Accessible Customer Service
- Accessible Emergency and Public Safety Information
- Creating Accessibility policies
- Training staff on accessible policies and laws
- Creating a feedback process for people with disabilities
- Making public information accessible (when requested)
- Making new websites, or significantly updated websites, accessible (50+ employees)
- Implementing accessible employment practices
- Filing Accessibility Compliance Reports
This event is open to both Chamber and Non Chamber-member businesses. If you are not a member of the SSM Chamber of Commerce, or if you are a member and don’t have login credentials, simply register using the “Not a member?
Advance registration is required.
Click Here to Register
A link to join the meeting will be sent to registered participants.
Full agenda will be available on the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce website at www.ssmcoc.com.
- Purchase Tickets Online: https://ssmcoc.chambermaster.com/eventregistration/register/116