Understanding the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ~ Mar. 16th, 2021
Join the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce, Ontario Chamber of Commerce and Discover Ability Network for a webinar on to bringing the Discover Ability Network to the Sault Ste. Marie area to provide tools, resources and supports to help local employers attract and recruit job seekers with disabilities.
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday March 16, 2021
ONLINE: 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Join this FREE Webinar to learn more 🙂
DID YOU KNOW ~ 6.2 million Canadians live with at least one disability – that’s 1 in 5 people. Businesses simply cannot afford to ignore this growing population of consumers and job seekers.
When operating a business in Ontario it’s both good practice and the law, to create and implement policies that promote accessibility. The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, or AODA, was created to break down barriers around accessibility.
The size and type of your business affects timelines, filing requirements, and your obligations.
Some general areas that are addressed by the AODA include:
- Accessible Customer Service
- Accessible Emergency and Public Safety Information
- Creating Accessibility policies
- Training staff on accessible policies and laws
- Creating a feedback process for people with disabilities
- Making public information accessible (when requested)
- Making new websites, or significantly updated websites, accessible (50+ employees)
- Implementing accessible employment practices
- Filing Accessibility Compliance Reports
This event is Free to attend for both Chamber and Non Chamber-member businesses. If you are not a member of the SSM Chamber of Commerce, or if you are a member and don’t have login credentials, simply register using the “Not a member?
Advance registration is required.
Click Here to Register
A link to join the meeting will be sent to registered participants.
Full agenda will be available on the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce website at www.ssmcoc.com.